In this post
- Canteen at technology
- Outdoor education
- Quiz night tickets
- Year 8
- Term dates overview
We hope you have had a pleasant two weeks with your tamariki at home. We have a busy term ahead! Please read the important messages below and records dates in your diary.
Canteen at Technology
The canteen at technology will reopen this term. The children will be very excited about this! Just before it was closed last year, some purchasing habits were concerning, and we were about to address these when Covid stepped in and solved the issues. Please talk with your child about the following guidelines:
- You must wear your own sunhat or you will not be served.
- You must bring your own money and not ask other people for money.
- You only purchase things for yourself, not for others.
- Do not over-purchase. Two items max per person. This is just food for morning tea, not to be brought back to school for lunch.
Please dig out the sunhats and check that they are named. Children need to wear full-brimmed hats whenever outside in terms 1 and 4. If children do not have a hat they will need to go to a designated area at break times.
We have several outdoor education events planned for this term and require parent help with these. Please fill in this form to indicate where you can help.
Wednesday, November 16 and Thursday, November 17: Two home-groups will head into town and two will head to Spencerville. Groups will switch the following day.
- Town day (9:30 - 3:00): Waka on Avon (history, team skills and waka experience) and Art gallery tour
- Spencerville day (8:30 - 3:00): Adrenaline Forest and activities at Spencer Park and beach
Monday, December 5 (1:15 - 3:00): Top Team event on Beckenham Park
Friday, December 9 (11:00 - 3:00): Corsair Bay trip.
We still have room for a few more quiz teams. If you have yet to purchase tickets, please consider joining us for this great night out. You may be able to put a team from your workplace together. Click here to book tickets.
After a break of two years due to Covid, we are immersing ourselves in the arts this term as we put together our 'A walk through the 80s' production. This will see the children working in either singing, acting, dancing or props-making groups. All of this creativity will culminate in two performances on December 5th and 6th, starting at 7pm. The props group would welcome any parent support. If you are able to pop along some afternoons in October and November, please email Nicky.
No doubt you will find it hard to believe that your child has less than nine weeks left of their primary / intermediate years! At assemblies this term we will be acknowledging our Year 8s with prizes being awarded across the term. We will notify you if your child is to receive a prize. Last year we changed our approach to the Leavers' Assembly, with the aim of focusing on all Year 8s rather than the spotlight being on the prize winners. The new format met that aim and we will be going with a similar approach this year.
Thanks to those who have sent in a photo of your child as a 5 year old. If you have yet to do this, please email your photo to Nicky ASAP or send in a paper copy for scanning this week.
Term 4 Dates:
- Wed 26: Athletics day
- Thur 27: Zone Speech Comp at St Peters. Good luck to Christopher and Fergus
- Wed 9: 2023 House Captains and Student Council exec leadership day at Christ College
- Mon 14: Zone athletics
- Wed 16: Outdoor edn day
- Thurs 17: Outdoor edn day
- Fri 18: Reports go live
- Fri 18: Student Council dress up day - either teacher swap or PJ
- Wed 30: Canterbury athletics
- Wed 30: Whānau picnic and kapa haka concerts
- Mon 5: Top team afternoon
- Mon 5: Production performance 1: A Walk through the 80s. 7pm
- Tues 6: Production performance 2: A Walk through the 80s. 7pm
- Fri 9: Corsair Bay trip
- Wed 14: Leavers' Assembly and lunch. Year 8 finishes for the year after lunch
- Thurs 15: Last day for Year 7, finished before lunch