In this post:
- Cass Bay Trip
- Pool Party
- Production Key Points
- Relationships and Sexuality
- Week 10 Overview
- Staff vs Students Basketball
Cass Bay Trip
On Thursday December 14th (Week 10) we are hoping to go to Cass Bay. We still need more helpers for this event to go forward, and helpers who are willing to be out on the water for some of the day. If you are able, please sign up via this google form as soon as possible. These events are not possible without the support of whānau.
We have not had any volunteers to host the Year 8 Pool Party on Wednesday December 13th from 4pm to 6pm, and so have made the decision to take the event to Waltham Pool. Students will need to pay the cost of entry and hydroslide. We will be in touch with Waltham to confirm the price per student.
We had our first full run throughs of the production this week, and things are looking great! Key points for whānau to note are as follows:
- There will be two performances, Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th of December. Both start at 7pm.
- Entry is by gold coin donation at the door.
- The sound and lighting team will need to be at school for setup by 6.30pm.
- All other students need to be in the hub, in costume and having been fed by 6.40pm.
- Please see our previous blog post for details about costumes. Most will be in black pants and a colourful top. We don't want whānau spending money on this, so please get in touch if you need assistance.
- Our dress rehearsals are on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday afternoon this coming week. Our Thursday performance will be in front of the school. Students will need their costumes at school on Wednesday.
Relationships and Sexuality
This week, the homegroups have been talking about intimacy and what this means within the context of different relationships (friends, family, romantic). Some groups have discussed consent and what this means. We also have had an activity which has discussed same and different gender relationships. We have also covered some discussion around communication modes and styles. As always, if you have any questions please contact the homegroup teacher in the first instance.
Week 10 Overview
Monday 11th - Production performance (7pm)
Monday 12th - Technology, Production performance (7pm)
Wednesday 13th - Victoria Park Walk, Year 8 Pool Party
Thursday 14th - Cass Bay Trip
Friday 15th - Final celebration assembly
Staff vs Students Basketball
On Wednesday this week, the students organised a game of basketball between Year 8s and willing teachers. It was a well-attended game and while both teams competed strongly, The teachers managed to steal the win on this occasion!