In this post:
- Swimming sports - parent help request
- Technology and slideshow
- Leadership week messages and slideshow
- Hanmer 4 Hour Mountain Bike Relay
- Tent request
- Photo gallery
Tech starts on Tuesday, Feb 16th. Children need to be at school by 8:30am every Tuesday in order to catch the bus. They are allowed to bring some loose change to spend at the canteen. Below is the slideshow that we have gone through with the children.
Leadership Week: Feb 15 - 19
What you need to know:
Wear mufti to school for their leadership day on Wednesday Feb 17.
Thursday 18th - Friday 19th of Feb: two day leadership camp, with a sleepover at school on Thursday night.
We would like families of Year 8 children to send along food donations, by Wednesday Feb 17, as follows:
- Te Maunga (Nicky's home-group) - a packet of breakfast cereal
- Te Awa and Te Tai (Megan and Jenny's home-groups) - a bag of fruit (6 portions)
- Te Ngahere (Caitlin's home-group) - some baking
The cost per child for attending the Year 8 leadership camp is $25.00. Please pay this at the office as soon as possible. This is a cost that is separate to the school donation, as it involves an overnight camp. We also need the children to bring $2.40 for bus fare (or a Metrocard if they have one), as we are catching the public bus into town.
Gear list: Your child needs to come to school on Thursday dressed in clothes suitable for physical activity, i.e. track pants or shorts, t-shirt, polypro if cold, a warm top and sports shoes, suitable for running. The following needs to be packed in an overnight bag:
- Sleeping bag, pillow and something to sleep on, e.g. sleeping mat, stretcher or lilo (please let us know if you need help sourcing something to sleep on)
- Toilet gear
- A face-mask for wearing on the public bus
- A change of clothes for the next day, again suitable for physical activity
- Bus fare: $2.40
These things should be packed in a day pack:
- Packed lunch and refillable drink bottle
- Waterproof jacket
- Optional: camera, cell phone (these will be collected in)
Please make sure asthmatic children have inhalers with them and that medication is in a labeled bag. This needs to be handed to the home-group teacher as soon as your child arrives at school.
If you need to contact us outside of school hours or on Friday when we are at Spencer Park, please contact Nicky on 0276229403
Hanmer 4 Hour Mountain Bike Relay
|Passion photography, exploring camera angles.|
|Te Tai challenging themselves with the lap-sit.|
|Loving challenge at lunchtime.|
|Cooking passion: chicken noodle salad - yum!|
|Science badge passion|