What you need to know:
- We are off to Wainui on Monday, March 1st, until Friday, March 5th.
- Children need to be at school by 8:15am on Monday. We will be back by 3pm on Friday.
- Below is important information about camp cost, gear and food. Please read it carefully and let us know urgently if you need help with any gear for your child.
- We will have a paper gear list for the children to take home on Friday.
- On Monday and Tuesday, we will be sharing a camp social story with the children. This will have information about a wide range of things, including our programme and menu. We will share this with you early next week.
- We are currently busy allocating activities to each child. We hope to be able to give the children their activity groups early next week.
We have set an achievable target of $5000 for fundraising, which will take place after camp. Taking this into consideration, we are requesting your contribution of $165 per child to cover the costs of camp. This will be added to your next account. This can be paid on a small weekly payment basis if that better suits your family. Please contact Rachael in accounts if you want to arrange a drip payment.
Camp Gear List (supplied by Wainui)
Please ensure all of the items below are named. Gear needs to be packed into a sturdy bag.
Warm Sleeping Bag or Bedding
Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, deodorant (not spray), shampoo etc.
Warm waterproof jacket
2 warm jerseys
3 pairs of shorts
3 pairs of trousers
Socks and underwear
Thermals longs and tops
Warm hat / beanie
Sun hat (and a spare if you have one)
2 pairs of lace up shoes
If doing coasteering - an old pair of lace-up shoes that can be worn in the water
If doing raft building or kayaking - water shoes or old lace-ups that can be worn in water
Gumboots or jandals
Any Required Medication
Plastic bags for transporting wet clothes and shoes home
Lunch for the first day
extra clothes, bedding, toiletries, cards, diary, wetsuit, camera etc
Do not bring
Money or valuables
Sweets or energy drinks (stipulated by Wainui)
* We would prefer that cell-phones are left at home. As the road is windy, we do not want devices for use on the bus. If you would like to make contact with your child, we can arrange for them to call you on a teacher's phone. If you really want your child to bring their cellphone, please email your child's teacher. We will look after their phone and they can use it in the evening to make contact with you. We will be taking plenty of photos and will aim to put together a photobook after camp.
We will be self-catering at Wainui to help keep costs down and would like your help with the following.
- Jenny and Nicky's homegroup - a bag of fruit (10 -12 portions)
- Caitlin and Megan's homegroup - some baking. We would love to get more nutritious and less sugary baking, lots of oats, etc would be great. We are going totally nut-free on camp, so please avoid putting any nuts in baking.