In this post:
- Key dates
- Production next Monday and Tuesday
- Top Team next Monday
- Corsair Bay next Friday
- Relationships and Sexuality
The end of the year is racing towards us! Below is a reminder of key dates:
- Wednesday, Nov 30: Canterbury athletics
- Wednesday, Nov 30: Whānau picnic and Kapa haka concerts. Picnic and games from 5pm. Te Whānau Mahi Tahi perform at 6:30pm.
- Monday, Dec 5: Top Team in the afternoon (see below)
- Monday, Dec 5: 'A walk through the 80s' opening night (see below)
- Tuesday, Dec 6: Last technology session for the year
- Tuesday, Dec 6: 'A walk through the 80s' final night
- Friday, Dec 9: Final assembly starting at 9:45am.
- Friday, Dec 9: Corsair Bay trip (see below)
- Tuesday, Dec 13: Year 8 pool party, 4-6pm
- Wednesday, Dec 14: Leavers' assembly and lunch, 11am - 1pm (Year 8s finish)
- Thursday, Dec 15: Last morning for Year 7
'A Walk Through the 80s' Production, Dec 5th and 6th:
This week we are putting the finishing touches on our production and will be performing for the school on Thursday afternoon. All children performing on stage need their costumes at school by Thursday.
The children are very much looking forward to performing for you next Monday and Tuesday nights, starting at 7pm. Children are to come already in costume and meet in the hub at 6:30pm. Caitlin will send out a separate message about the dancers.
Please encourage family and friends to come along and enjoy an entertaining evening. We will not be selling tickets prior, simply turn up on the night with a gold coin donation. You are welcome to come both evenings if you would like to.
Top Team Monday, Dec 5th:
We are looking forward to an afternoon of fun and fabulous teamwork next Monday. Top Team arrive with all their gear late morning and the fun begins at 1:30. Some of the activities involve water so children need to bring clothes to change into. We suggest a rash top, polypro, house shirt or quick dry t-shirt and quick dry shorts. Sunhats and sunscreen will also be required. Pack a towel too. Many thanks to the adults who have volunteered to help; we will see you on the park at 1:10 for the briefing.
Corsair Bay, Dec 9th:
Next Friday after morning tea we head to Corsair Bay. Swimming, a walk to Cass Bay, games on the beach and chilling with friends will be the activities of the day. Children are to come to school in uniform. It would be best if they had their togs on underneath their uniform. They are to bring:
- togs and towel
- lunch (friends may arrange to bring a shared lunch and this needs to be nut-free)
- water bottle
- inhaler (if required)
- Optional: picnic rug, non-electronic game such as cards, wetsuit, sunglasses
We should be back at school by 3pm.
Relationships and Sexuality:
We are currently looking at the 'growing and changing' section of relationships and sexuality. We have discussed changes at puberty and how to manage these changes. We have learned about the male and female reproductive systems and are moving on to conception and the consequences of sexual activity, which includes talking about contraception.