Not many sleeps now until we get up super early and head off to Mt Hutt on Thursday, September 1st.
At the end of this post is a slide show packed full of information about our day. Please read this through with your child.
Change of plan re money. Children are not to bring any money with them on the trip. Mt Hutt is cashless and this will cause a divide between those who have money cards and those who do not. The best option is to say no spending for all children. We suggest a thermos of soup or hot chocolate.
Children will need:
- thermal layers, two top and one bottom
- weather-proof ski pants
- weather-proof jacket. Puffer jackets are not all waterproof and may need a parker layer on top
- gloves or mittens
- knee length socks
- normal shoes, e.g. running shoes
- glasses or goggles
- a hearty lunch and water bottle
- inhaler for those who need it
- any medication for the day in a zip-locked bag to be handed to teacher
- optional - neck muff or scarf (which will need to be tucked inside jacket)
- we will take plenty of photos (any cell phones will be collected and looked after during the day)