Ski Day, this Thursday:While the heavens opened and dumped lots of lovely snow on Mt Hutt over the last couple of days, unfortunately the forecast for Thursday is for strong winds. Please check https://www.nzski.com/mt-hutt/mt-hutt-weather-report after 6am on Thursday to check if the ski field is open. If open, we will be going, if not, it will be a normal school day. In the case of a closed day, we will reschedule the trip.
- Be at school, Eastern Tce, by 7am
- Come dressed is: thermal top and long-johns, long woollen socks, warm top, weather-proof pants and ski jacket. We can take off layers in the bus / car.
- In a day pack: gloves, goggles or glasses, large bottle or water, large lunch and inhaler / medication as required.
- In jacket pocket: some energy food for snacking on the slopes.
- Optional: activity for bus / car trip, camera, $5 to spend at cafe.
- All children will be provided with a helmet, skis, boots and poles.
- We will return to Eastern Tce by 6pm.
Cantamath, next Wednesday:Next Wednesday, August 23rd, we will be taking all of Year 7 & 8 to Horncastle Arena at 8:40, to view the Cantamath project display. We will be back at Champion Street by 10am. A $3.50 transportation contribution will be added to your next account.
We were blown away by the high standard of work that the children produced for their Cantamath projects. Many thanks to the parents who helped with ideas, encouragement and support. Congratulations to the following people whose work has been selected to go through to the Cantamath competition:
- Publicity Motif: Jessie, Caleb, Joel
- Games and Puzzles: Alex
- Static Model: Georgie, Tilly, Rosie, Fynn, Santiago, Saraya, Constantin, Marlonique, Isla, Miriélle
- Dynamic Model: Kaia
- Written Project: Sadie, Adam, Daisy, Isaac, George, Gabriel, Hannah W, Luke, Christopher, Bonnie
- Photography: Juliette
Next Wednesday our Cantamath teams will compete against the best mathematical talent in Canterbury, in the problem solving competition. Best of luck to:
Year 7: Santi, Adam, Gabriel and Tom, with Hannah as reserve.
Year 8: Isaac, Rosie, Alex and Kaia, with Amelia as reserve.
Post a Comment