Key reminders for Year 8 Leadership Camp: this Thursday and Friday, March 5th and 6th
- Bring bedding (including something to sleep on) and change of clothes for next day. All bags go into the Nook upon arrival on Thursday.
- In a daypack, lunch for Thursday, drink bottle, sunscreen sunhat and waterproof coat.
- Have $2.40 in change or Metro card for the bus
- Have paid $25 at the office or online (reference Leadership Camp)
- Bring food donations (cereal for Nicky's home-group, fruit for Megan's home-group and baking for Hannah and Jenny's home-groups). We'd love these by Wednesday if possible.
- If your child's health profile form is not back at school yet, we need this urgently.
- Any mediation in a named ziplock bag to be handed to home-group teacher first thing on Thursday.
- If you need to contact us urgently outside school hours or on Friday when we are at Spencer Park, call Nicky on 0276229403
Cheese Roll Fundraiser
Our orders have nearly hit the target of 400 dozen! If you have yet to order, please get this done by Thursday. Remember that if you are ordering for several people, one single payment would be appreciated. We are really grateful to those who have gone out and sought multiple orders. Next Thursday is our big making day. I have emailed the people who offered to help with further details.
Looking for parent or grandparent help
We are looking for someone who could regularly help out with a very small group of learners on a Monday and Wednesday between 9:15 and 10am. Please email Nicky if you could help us out.
Year 7 Leadership Day
Monday was an action packed day for the Year 7s, as they put their learning about the 'seven habits of highly effective people' into action. Below are pictures from the builders and architects activity, when the children were applying habit 5 'seek first to understand and then be understood'.
We are really proud of all the tamariki who embraced challenge in our school swimming sports last Thursday. For some, success was achieved through the satisfaction of participation or swimming faster and with more competence than before, while others had qualifying for zone level competition firmly in their sights. The race of the day had to be the House Relay with Heathcote securing a very convincing win.
Leadership Guest Speakers
Over the next few weeks we have a number of guest speakers coming to share their leadership experiences with the children. Last week Tamati Cunningham, who is one of four head students at Cashmere High School and an ex-Beckenham student, shared his journey with our tamariki. He left us with lots of gems to think about, including:
- Listen to listen, don’t listen to respond.
- You can achieve greatness, you just need to ask for help.
- My successes are the mistakes I learn from.