In this post:
- Rubix Cubes
- Learning Conferences
- Wainui Camp Book
- Cheese rolls, done and dusted!
This is one of those crazes that is highly appealing for a small number of our children and it is having an impact on focus during learning time. Children are to leave their cubes at home and not bring them to school. If your child is a 'cuber' please ensure they leave their cube(s) at home.
It is great to see the high number of bookings for learning conferences on Monday and Wednesday next week. A reminder that classes finish at 2pm on those afternoons. Kauri learning conferences run a little differently from the rest of the school.
- Please come into the hub as soon as you arrive.
- The children collect any books and a device to share their learning with you.
- Settle down somewhere in the Pathway and your child will start sharing their learning with you.
- There will be a list of what to share on the whiteboard to prompt them if needed.
- Your child's literacy teacher and maths teacher will come and join you to share progress and next steps.
- Your child's homegroup teacher will talk through a self-management reflection with you and your child.
- You will be given a datasheet to take home. This sheet will have curriculum levels and next steps.
- So that we can manage multiple teachers touching base with you, we ask that you allow 30 minutes for your conference.
Wainui Camp Photo Book
We have put together a photo book as a keepsake of our wonderful week spent at Wainui earlier this term. The book is a hardcover, A4-sized, 20-page book packed with photos and captions written by the children. The cost of the books is $30. If you would like to order a copy, please click here.
A big thanks to the wonderful parent team who supported us with cheese roll making. Most of the children loved the experience of being part of the production line and they worked like trojans to achieve our goal of 735 dozen in one day. A Beckenham record! Any cheese rolls that are yet to be collected have been put in the freezer. Please come and collect these ASAP. If you loaned us equipment, we will have it on the spotty table in the hub for you to collect early next week. We will let you know the profit once all the bills have been paid and the maths has been done.
Post a Comment