Those who stayed back at school spent the morning immersed in wisdom and creativity. Watch out for our owl art and motivational quotes which will be popping up around the school soon.
|Room 19 maths class students working on their giant i-phone.|
Cantamath: We had an exciting Becamath competition last Thursday. Well done to the Room 17 Year 8 team and Room 19 Year 7 team who won their competitions. Our top problem solvers have been practising hard and yesterday we announced the Beckenham Cantamath teams who will compete at the CSB Arena on Wednesday August 14.
- Year 7: Melanie, Dom, Beth and Oscar
- Year 8: Briana, Jack R, Jamie and Jimmy
The standard of the work the children have been producing at home for Cantamath display competitions has generally been very impressive. Today we will select work to go through to the competition next week. Many thanks to the parents who helped with ideas and advice on these projects.
Fitness: We are meeting three times a week as a team to exercise with Jump Jam. Again we have been impressed with the effort and attitude being shown. Remember a change of shirt and some roll on deodorant.
Choice: Our health topic, which looks at making wise choices around drugs, is in full swing. Classes have all had their first session with Constable Sam, as well as a number of sessions with their teacher.
- Showcase Evening on Thursday August 15th: this involves the drama group, te whanau mahi tahi, the senior chorale and 10 members of the band. The evening starts at 6:30.
- Spring Fair: Year 7s who would like to have a table at the Spring Fair, please get your booking sheet filled in and posted into the box in Room 19. Money raised will go towards next year's Dunedin camp.
- Cantamath: Good luck to our teams competing with the best mathematical brains in Canterbury on Wednesday afternoon.
- Speech writing: Students are about to start working on speeches in class. Please be talking about possible topics at home.Our library blog is a great place to visit for ideas.
- Ski trip: we now have enough parent helpers.