If the mountain is open we are going! Check the Mt Hutt Ski Report around 6am to confirm things at all go.
Be at school by 7:20am. Meet by the Sandwich Rd school carpark. Children must check in with their homegroup teacher and then they can board a bus, or go to the driver of the car they are assigned to.
- thermals - at least two layers on top half and one layer on bottom half
- long socks
- weatherproof pants
- warm weatherproof jacket
- lace-up shoes
- gloves or mittens
- goggles or sun-glasses
- optional neck muff or scarf
- long hair tied up
- water bottle
- hearty lunch
- The journey each way is 2 hours so a book, small game or small device to play on can be brought. All devices will stay on the locked bus during the day.
- Money for a hot drink or snack at the cafe. Children take responsibility for money. The cafe is expensive, so bring lunch.
- Own ski gear if you have it
Plan for the day:
- 7:20 arrive at school, on Sandwich Rd. Buses and cars leave at 7:30am.
- 9:30 - 9:45 we will arrive at the ski field car park
- 10:00 morning tea on the deck
- 10:15 ski hire sorted (those with their own gear will meet a parent for a short ski)
- 11:00 lessons start. Everyone has a lesson, even the experienced skiers.
- 12:30 lunch on the deck or in the cafe
- 12:45 - 3:30 Have fun skiing with your friends.
- 3:30 return gear and back to the bus
- 4:00 buses leave
- 6:00 - 6:30 we arrive back at school
Parent Helpers:Many thanks to the following people who have offered to help out on the mountain.
Skiers: Matt Cowie, Stu Clarke, Joe Evans, Tony Sice, Liz May, Brett Cooper, Mami Mori, Stuart Gray, Paula Winsor, Simon Elphick, Brett Sutherland, Matt Cornfoot, Dave McLoughlin, Adam Cooper, Matthew Reid
Non-skiers: Naska Borlase, Kellyanne Bullen, Kate Packer
Many thanks to those who have sorted their $58 for this trip. We would appreciate the rest of the money in ASAP.