|Thanks to those who brought their skis and boots to school, so the first-timers could have a dryland session.|
'Choice' ProgrammeWhile the rest of the school are learning about 'Keeping Ourselves Safe', over the last three weeks of term Year 7 & 8 will be working through the Choice programme. This programme empowers children with information and strategies to support them to make good decisions around drugs and alcohol. This week we will be discussing what a drug is, and the reasons why people might take these. We will also be covering coping strategies and resources that provide a healthy alternative to drug abuse. Next week Constable Ross will be having three sessions with each home-group.
SpeechesWe loved hearing the children present their speeches last week. We understand the stress/anxiety that comes with speaking in front of your peers and were so impressed with how well so many of the children embraced this challenge. On Tuesday, Sept 10th, our finalists will present their speeches in the hall, from 1:30 - 3:00. Parents are welcome to attend. All the best to our finalists: Lucy, Gemma, Ella C, Maddi, Vienna, Ben E, Emily E, Morvern, Florence, Winni, Meg, Millie J, Henry H, Ben N (via video), Ruby M, Mia, Thomas and Eddie.
Cashmere High TestingA reminder that this Tuesday, Sept 10th, is Year 8 testing at Cashmere High. They have sent the following information:
- 9.00am – 12.15pm in the Performing Arts Centre
- Please let us know if your student is unable to attend – we have an alternative morning available on Thursday 19 September
- Students need to bring: A pen, pencil, ruler and some food for morning tea
- Students will be permitted to leave their bikes in a designated supervised area. All bikes should be brought to the Performing Arts Centre
Children make their own way to and from Cashmere High. They are to wear their Beckenham uniform. We expect to see them back at school by 1:20 at the latest.
Cultural FestivalThis is a repeat of the email that came out from Sherrilee at the end of last week. Te Whanau Mahitahi kapa haka group will be attending a rehearsal for the Cultural Festival at the Horncastle Arena on Monday 9th September. The bus will leave school at around 1pm and return shortly after 3pm.
Nicky and Steve will be going along and Sherrilee will meet the group there.
On the night (THURSDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER) Show starts at 6:45pm
- ENTRANCE: Side door/performers special entrance to the far far left of the arena. Meet Nicky and Steve there.
- WEAR: Easy to put on shoes, warm zip-up top/jacket, stage make up if allowed to.
- BRING: Your best smile, wonderful manners and fabulous Beckenham Te kura o Pūroto behaviour.
- ARRIVE: Around between 6:15pm-6:30pm, staff will guide you to our seating area.
- PICK UP AFTER SHOW FROM: We will move as a group and meet all parents/whānau downstairs in the main foyer, just look for our costumes.
Our basketball teams finished their season last Monday. It has been a season full of skill development, progress and fun on court.
Post a Comment