Goodbye Easter, hello Dunedin! We are down to a single figure sleeps count, before we climb aboard the bus and head off on our Dunedin adventure.
This week the children will be finishing their ANZAC letter writing assignment. Some will need to spend time working on this at home. Over the long weekend we have given feedback and next steps to guide the children towards success with this assignment.
We are not far away from the winter sport season. Our ability to enter teams in the Hagley Park competition on a Friday afternoon rests largely on parent support. Please click this link to let us know how you could be involved.
We are changing the date for the Comedy Evening fundraiser to next term. We will let you know the date as soon as this is confirmed.
Many thanks to Leone, Leigh and Amy who supported the children with cheese roll making last week. The children did a fantastic job. If you did not get your cheese roll order on Thursday, it will be waiting for you in the hall kitchen freezer.
The long range weather forecast for Dunedin is looking cold and wet. It is essential that all children are well prepared with suitable clothing. While most of our activities are indoors, we are outside every day at some stage. All children need a waterproof coat, a warm hat and thermal tops. If you need help sourcing these for your child, please email us now.
Many thanks to the vast majority of families who have returned their health form. If you are yet to do this, please get it back tomorrow. We have spare copies at school if needed.
A reminder to all parents coming on camp, that we have a meeting on Thursday at 5:30pm in our hub.
Ingredients packages for those parents preparing meals for camp will be available for collection after school on Friday.
First thing Monday:
- When your child arrives at school (at the normal time) on Monday, they must find their home-group teacher and show them their lunch, drink bottle, waterproof coat and sunhat.
- If they have medication, this needs to be in a named plastic bag and handed to their home-group teacher.
- If you have prepared a pasta bake or cottage pie, please put these in the labeled chilly bins in the maker-space.
- Food donations, baking for Mountains and Forest and bag of fruit for Coast, need to be put in the boxes that will be in the maker-space.
- Gear (excluding daypack), needs to be put on the basketball court if it is not raining, or if it is wet, in the atrium.
- Technology permission slip, needs to go straight to home-group teacher. Children must return this slip if they are to take a device on camp.
Please note that children do not need to bring a pillow as these are provided; all they need is a sleeping bag. The accommodation is quite cosy and very well appointed.
If you need to contact your child during camp please call their home-group teacher: Nicky 0276229403, Jenny 0279614405 or Hannah 0278140454. We plan to arrive back at school around 5pm on Friday. We will text a more accurate time once we are on our way. We will post photos and news, daily, on our blog.
Please email us if you have any queries or if you are having trouble getting any item on the gear list for your child.
Here are some pictures of our children competing at the Canterbury Duathlon and the Police Competency Test last week. All children gave of their best, displaying their love of challenge.